Friday, October 12, 2007

Metamorphosis...

We were assigned to create a project that is a mixture of two...project A and project B. Then, we were also assigned so create a project that is an in between of project A and the original mixture we came up with, and same went with project B. I used Hanna Selim's pencil box and Christyn Dunning's egg project as my two original projects to start off with.

This is a photograph of Hanna's pencil box.


...and this is a photograph of Christyn's egg project.


So I started off my project with a few thumbnail sketches...




This is the iteration I came up with that is the middle of Hanna's project and Christyn's project...Although my final project looks NOTHING like my iteration, I did get some ideas off it. I used the idea of making my project a square, with the square cut out in the middle, which is a style I got off Hanna's pencil box. And then I used sticks to divide the square to show symmetry because that is what Christyn was portraying on her egg project.



This is my actual project that I ended up with. (The in between of Hanna's and Christyn's)



So now...this is the project that I came up with that is the mixture of my project and Hanna's pencil box. I tried incorporating more of Hanna's project by making it shaped very similar to her pencil box. As you can see, there are four pieces of wood that is inside against the walls, which shows symmetry. I chose the color black because that was the color in the middle of Hanna's project. It may be hard to see clearly, but the color of the wood inside is brown, just like like the color of Hanna's project looking from the outside.



This is the project that is the middle of Christyn's egg project and mine. I used the style of the four sticks that held the egg up. But instead of the egg like Christyn's I put a cube in the middle. I was trying to portray symmetry of the box just like Christyn did with her egg.


No comments: